July 29, 2020
COVID-19 Policy for:
Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan for
Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP
Elko Title Corp.
Our office takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. With the spread of the coronavirus or “COVID-19,” a respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, we all must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak. In order to be safe and keep our clients safe, we have developed this COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan to be implemented throughout our office.
This Plan is based on currently available information from the CDC and OSHA, and is subject to change based on further information provided by the CDC, OSHA, and other public officials. Our office may also amend this Plan based on operational needs.
Here is a summary of our plan:
- All employees will be required to conduct a daily health assessments before arrival by utilizing a screening procedure for COVID-19 symptoms for employees who are reporting for work.
- By entering the office, employee represents that they have performed the self-assessment and are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. This includes the employee taking his or her temperature and reporting it to the Office Manager before arrival and confirming that the employee does not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All individuals entering the building will maintain a minimum of 6 feet between each other. Social distancing stickers have been placed on the floor to help everyone adhere to this social distancing requirement.
- Physical plexiglass barriers have been added to conference rooms to create additional separation when meeting with clients. Only conference rooms with these barriers should be used for client meetings at this time.
- Clients are required to wear a mask upon arrival. If they do not have a mask, our office will provide a disposable one. Trash cans are available at the door to dispose of the mask when leaving.
- Everyone in our building, including employees, is required to comply with Public Health Order 01-2020 and Executive Order 20-37 regarding the use of face coverings.
- Sanitation and cleaning measures will be practiced according to CDC guidelines, with regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the workday and at the close of business. In addition 2 days a week a professional cleaning company will come in using EPA & CDC approved products.
- Employees will have access to hand sanitizer and disinfectant products upon arrival in the office and will have access to hand sanitizer throughout the office. These should be used frequently.
- Employees who have any COVID-19 symptoms should not come to work.
All attorneys will be available remotely by phone and email at all usual times. Our attorneys also have access to conference call lines and visual conferencing. Staff will be available to assist as required. We recommend that our clients continue to handle legal affairs remotely, when possible. If a client needs to meet with an attorney or staff, then they should first schedule an appointment. We would recommend emailing the attorney or staff person, but you may also call our main number at (574) 533-1171. Please call our office if you would like a copy of the full policy.