May 11, 2020
COVID-19 Policy for:
Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan for
Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP
Elko Title Corp.
Our office takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. With the spread of the coronavirus or “COVID-19,” a respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, we all must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak. In order to be safe and keep our clients safe, we have developed this COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan to be implemented throughout our office.
This Plan is based on currently available information from the CDC and OSHA, and is subject to change based on further information provided by the CDC, OSHA, and other public officials. Our office may also amend this Plan based on operational needs.
Here is a summary of our plan:
- All employees will be required to conduct a daily health assessments before arrival by utilizing a screening procedure for COVID-19 symptoms for employees who are reporting for work.
- By entering the office, employee represents that they have performed the self-assessment and are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. This includes the employee taking his or her temperature and reporting it to the Office Manager before arrival and confirming that the employee does not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All individuals entering the building will maintain a minimum of 6 feet between each other. Green X’s have been placed on the floor to help everyone adhere to this social distancing requirement.
- Sneeze guards are in the wing conference room and boardroom for use when meeting with clients. These should be the only 2 conference rooms used for meeting with clients at this time.
- Clients are required to wear a mask upon arrival. If they do not have a mask, our office will provide a disposable one. Trash cans are available at the door to dispose of the mask when leaving.
- Employees will be required to wear a mask when interacting with anyone entering from outside our building. Masks will be available at the office and can be worn throughout the day as well.
- Workplace cleaning and disinfection will be practiced according to CDC guidelines, with regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the workday and at the close of business. In addition 2 days a week a professional cleaning company will come in using EPA & CDC approved products.
- Employees will have access to hand sanitizer, and disinfectant products upon arrival in the office. These should be used frequently.
- Employees who have any COVID-19 symptoms should not come to work.
All attorneys will be available remotely by phone and email at all usual times. Our attorneys also have access to conference call lines and visual conferencing. Staff will be available to assist as required. We recommend that our clients continue to handle legal affairs remotely, when possible. If a client needs to meet with an attorney or staff, then they should first schedule an appointment. We would recommend emailing the attorney or staff person, but you may also call our main number at (574) 533-1171. Please call our office if you would like a copy of the full policy.