George E. Buckingham
Email | Phone: 574-533-1171
George E. Buckingham is an attorney of counsel at Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP. He joined the firm in 1965. From 1963-1965 Mr. Buckingham served as a law clerk to the United States Court of Appeals in Chicago, Illinois. A partner for many years, Mr. Buckingham now continues to provide legal services to the firm's clients on a slightly more relaxed schedule.
Areas of practice
- Estate planning—tax and non-tax aspects
- Administering estates
- Drafting wills and trusts
- Preparing and filing estate and gift tax returns
- Structuring wealth transfers to charitable and non-charitable recipients
- Representing clients in audits of federal estates and gift tax returns and Indiana inheritance tax returns
- Forming family partnerships and other business entities
President's Special Award for Excellence, Goshen Health System
In 1994 Mr. Buckingham was awarded the Goshen Health System's President's Award for Excellence for his outstanding work on its behalf. The President's Award of Excellence is a coveted honor awarded annually to a Goshen Health System employee who has achieved exceptional excellence in multiple areas or to a community member who has demonstrated the same level of outstanding service to Goshen Health System.
In 1963 Mr. Buckingham received his J.D. from Indiana University School of Law, where he was on the board of editors of the Indiana Law Journal. He received a B.S. degree in Business from Indiana University in 1960.
Admissions and professional memberships
Mr. Buckingham is a member of the following professional associations:
Mr. Buckingham has served as officer and director of several charitable organizations, including the following:
- Goshen General Hospital—Past President, Board of Directors
- Goshen General Hospital and Health Care Foundation—Past President, Board of Directors
- Goshen Rotary—Past President
- Goshen Boys and Girls Club—Chairman, Board of Directors
- Oakwood Academy—Secretary, Board of Directors
- Elkhart Chapter American Red Cross—Board of Directors
In addition, he has participated in many community fund drives, including the following:
- Co-Chairman, 1998 Goshen Boys and Girls Club Capital Campaign
- Chairman, 1995 Capital Campaign, United Way of Elkhart County
- Chairman, Goshen Division, 1994 Capital Campaign, United Way
- Co-Chairman, 1989 Goshen Community Pool Fund Drive
When you need an attorney, call the law offices of Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP at 574-533-1171 or contact the firm online. Conveniently located across the street from the courthouse in Goshen, Indiana, the firm regularly assists clients with a broad range of legal issues.