Randall M. Jacobs
Email | Phone: 574-533-1171
Randall M. Jacobs is a partner at Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP. He is a Board Certified Indiana Trust and Estate Specialist by the Trust and Estate Board of the Indiana State Bar Association. Mr. Jacobs is a Registered Mediator in the State of Indiana as maintained by the Indiana Commission of Continuing Legal Education. From 1991 until December 1999 Mr. Jacobs served as in-house general counsel for Mennonite Mutual Aid (now known as "Everence Financial") as well as executive director of the Mennonite Foundation. He returned to Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP in January 2000. In addition to the practice of law, Mr. Jacobs is an adjunct professor of Business Law at Goshen College.
Areas of practice
Mr. Jacobs specializes in the following legal areas:
Mr. Jacobs received his J.D., cum laude, in 1988 from Indiana University School of Law, where he was a member of the Indiana Law Journal staff. He received his B.A. from Goshen College in 1985. In 1988 he was admitted to the Indiana State Bar Association and joined the firm of Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP that year.
Admissions and professional memberships
Mr. Jacobs is admitted to practice law in both Indiana and Michigan. Mr. Jacobs is a member of the following bar associations:
He is a member of bar association sections on taxation, real property, probate and trust law.
Since 1988 Mr. Jacobs has been a member of the Elkhart County Estate Planning Council, serving as its president from 1996 to 1997. He has served on numerous charitable boards.
Mr. Jacob's presentations include:
- Special Needs Trusts for People with Disabilities, Anabaptist Disabilities Committee and Everence Financial (April 2016).
- The 5 Estate Planning Documents Everyone Needs, Brenneman Missionary Church (Feb. 2016).
- Effective Stewardship through Estate Planning, Keynote Speaker (Nov. 2015).
- Creative Giving Opportunities in 2015, Association of Fundraising Professionals (Nov. 2015).
- Paying for Long-Term Care, INterra Credit Union (June 2015).
- Estate Planning as a Team, Everence Financial National Conference (Apr. 2015).
- Tax and Estate Planning Issues for Farm Families, Keynote Speaker - Ag Day (Mar. 2014).
- New Rules for Estate Planning, INterra Credit Union (June 2014).
- New Rules for Estate Planning, Greencroft Foundation (May 2014).
- Indiana Residential Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit, Goshen Historical Society (May 2014).
- New Rules for Estate Planning, Everence Financial (Apr. 2014).
- Probate Administration from Start to Finish, NBI Seminar (Dec. 2013).
- Hot Topics in Planned Giving, Michiana Regional Development Professionals (Apr. 2012).
- Guardianships, Special Needs Trusts, and Estate Planning for Parents of Special Needs Children, Michiana Autism and Asperger’s Association (Apr. 2012).
- Tricks and Traps in the Probate Process, Michiana Paralegal Association (Mar. 2012).
Contact the firm
When you need an attorney, call the law offices of Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP at 574-533-1171 or contact the firm.online. Conveniently located across the street from the courthouse in Goshen, Indiana, the firm regularly assists clients with a broad range of legal issues.