Steven J. Olsen
Email | Phone: 574-533-1171
Steven J. Olsen is an associate at Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Olsen taught at the Valparaiso University, College of Business, (2007-2010) including the following classes: Legal Environment of Business (undergraduate), Success Skills and Business Etiquette (undergraduate), Legal Brand Management (MBA), and Entrepreneurial Consulting (MBA). During his legal education, Mr. Olsen served as a federal judicial summer clerk for Magistrate Judge Andrew P. Rodovich in the United States District Court of the Northern District of Indiana and as an in-house counsel legal extern for ArcelorMittal in Chicago, Illinois.
Areas of practice
His practice includes the following legal areas:
- Business/Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- Real Property Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Commercial and General Practice Litigation
- Transactional work
Mr. Olsen received his J.D., summa cum laude, as the valedictorian of the Valparaiso University School of Law class of 2010. He was an editor of the Law Review and a justice of the Moot Court Honor Society. In 2009, he earned an MBA graduating from Valparaiso University with highest distinction and earning graduate honors, Beta Gamma Sigma. He earned a B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, in Marketing and Management from the University of Central Missouri in 2006 and was designated the Charno Award recipient - top graduating student.
Admissions and professional memberships
Mr. Olsen is admitted to practice law in both Indiana and Michigan. He is a member of the Goshen City Bar, Indiana State Bar, Michigan State Bar, and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Olsen has served his community through involvement with the following organizations:
- Goshen Public Library, Board of Trustees - Secretary
- Goshen Academic Partners, Advisory Board Member
- Goshen Chamber of Commerce, Education Committee Member
- Five Star, Coach
- Real Men Read, Participant
- Reading Camps, Participant
Mr. Olsen is also actively involved in his church.
Mr. Olsen's publications include:
- Social Media: Are You Linked In?, Ind. St. B. Ass'n Bus. L. Newsl. (Oct. 2012)
- Comparative Advertising in the Internet Age: Understanding Current E-Commerce Forms of Trademark Use, ABA Landslide J., Issue 2.6 (2010).
- Mixed Signals in Trademark's "Likelihood of Confusion Law: Does Quality Matter?", Note, 44 Val. U.L. Rev. 659 (2010).
Contact the firm
When you need an attorney, call the law offices of Yoder Ainlay Ulmer & Buckingham, LLP, at 574-533-1171, or contact the firm online. Conveniently located across the street from the courthouse in Goshen, Indiana, the firm regularly assists clients with a broad range of legal issues. Return to Attorney Profiles